Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Storms Weaken and Head North

We are still looking at a precip event for Wednesday and Wednesday night but not nearly what I had hoped for last week. These storms are moving in from the west and shifting north before they come ashore. Although this storm has a good moisture tap, it just moves too far north too fast. Here is a look at midday on Wednesday:


Here is the precip total forecast:


As you can see, the models have backed off a major event. We are looking in the 6-12 inch range for the Sierra North and West of Tahoe and 4-8 inches for the Carson Range with more to the north of the lake.

Look for pretty high winds to accompany this storm as well, especially Wednesday afternoon into Wednesday evening.

Looking ahead, the more dependable European model is forecasting 6-8 inches of liquid precip within the next 30 days with no focus on a major storm as of yet. I will keep any eye out and report accordingly.

Stay Tuned ...

1 comment:

  1. Weather is uncertain anywhere but I am now a 14 year resident and feel blessed and also called to Keswick Weather Forecast help my neighbors in other areas of the country where this 2013 Weather system may prove to be one for the record books.

    ReplyDelete